Fargo is a cool Web Outliner made by Dave Winer, the inventor of OPML. More information about Fargo is found here:
I really suggest to give it a try!
Fargo stores the Outlines as OPML files in your Dropbox. The latest version of Android Outliner (PRO) can open and edit Fargo's Outlines directly from your Dropbox App on your Android device.
|Working on the Outline with Fargo|
|Open Outline with Dropbox|
|Outline in Android Outliner|
Detailed information about how the sync with Fargo works is found in the Tutorial at:
Open Outlines with file mangers or cloud Apps
Outliner now opens any of it's supported file formats directly from a file manager (like ES Explorer, EDS) or from Cloud Apps (like Dropbox, BoxCryptor, ownCloud,...).
You may need this in the following situations:
- your Outlines are in other cloud folders than the ones Outliner needs (e.g. with fargo.io)
- you use a cloud service other then Dropbox (e.g. OwnCloud)
- you want to be sure that you Outlines are encrypted in the cloud (e.g. BoxCryptor)
- you want your Outlines to be encrypted in a Truecrypt container (EDS Encrypted Data Store)
- you use some third party sync tool (like FolderSync) and want to organize your Outlines with a file manager
In particular you can consider the possibility to keep Outlines with sensible personal data encrypted in the cloud by using BoxCryptor or EDS.
- PRO: Open Outlines directly from File-Managers, DropBox, BoxCryptor, OwnCloud
- PRO: sync with Fargo (Web Outliner)
- Drop Support for Android 1.6
- Update to latest Dropbox API
- Settings, Number Of Note Lines: more choices
- Fix: occasional force close after coming back to unsaved activityEdit
Use Outliner as your inbox for things you want to remember or things you just found while surfing.
First configure one of your Outlines as inbox in the settings.
Then for instance share a website and choose Outliner as sharing target. The link is added in Outliners inbox as a new activity.
General Info here.
Version History here.
Google Play Store Browser Link here.
Feel free to donate via PayPal to support further development.